Saturday, August 6, 2011

Beyoncé Releases A Promo Photo For Her New Song

All week long we’ve been seeing photos from the set of the music video for Beyoncé‘s new song (HERE and HERE) and yesterday we got to hear a snippet of the track … but today we get to check out a fierce new promo photo for the song. It’s still not entirely clear what the [...]

Last night, David and I attended a performance of the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion at the Music Center in downtown LA and I am happy to report that the show was utterly and powerfully incredible. I’ve only heard the best things about Alvin Ailey shows and I was so pleased to learn that everything I heard turned out to be true. In celebration of the 50th anniversary of Ailey‘s masterpiece Revelations, that particular piece was performed last night … along with new and older pieces. It was truly a night to remember.




Our program last night featured the Ailey performance pieces Anointed (2010), The Evolution of a Secured Feminine (2007), The Hunt (2001) and Revelations (1960). We were also shown a film titled Celebrating Revelations at 50 which featured interview footage of Alvin Ailey and performance footage of Revelations over the past 50 years. It never occurred to me that a dance program could be so moving but I was literally swept away by the majesty performed on stage last night. Dance is just magic … it can just wash away everything else around you and completely overtake your mind, soul and body. I don’t know how I managed to stay in my seat the entire time but by the time the audience stood up for the standing ovation at the end of the performance, I was DYING to jump up and dance around. David and I had the best time ever … it’s a date that I will remember for the rest of my life :)


Plans for tonight … an early showing of Scream 4 (can’t wait) and then a concert performance by Janet Jackson! It’ll be the first time I’ve ever seen her live so … I am excited!! Woot!! Happy Friday!! Happy Weekend.




internet articles
Oskar Schlemmer
Information as it occurs
Andrew Jackson
Hot hearsay for you

No comments:

Post a Comment